Dedicate and Cleanse Your Home with this Simple and Powerful Process
Several times I’ve been asked how to cleanse and bless a home. It’s a question I love, because it shows that people understand it’s an important thing to do!
Blessing a home sets it apart from the world. It creates a safety barrier between our family and evil. It helps to cleanse it of old and negative energy or lingering spirits and to prepare it for positive energy and love.
A home cleansing and blessing can be completed anytime. Most often, it’s done upon first purchasing and moving into a home. It can be repeated whenever you feel the need.
Many churches have elders or priests who may perform the blessing. But those without access to such may perform a cleansing and blessing process themselves. I will outline the process that I would suggest.
I would encourage you to read through my process a few times to get a feel for it. Then breathe deeply, fully inhaling and exhaling the air, close your eyes to move into a meditative space, and ask God what changes, if any, will most benefit you and your own situation. Always listen to your inner voice when performing any spiritual process. It will ensure that the process is aligned with your beliefs and in accordance with what’s best for you.
- Pray for divine direction and connection to God.
- Take a small bottle of olive oil and set it apart through prayer. Ask that it be blessed with the purpose and ability to ward off evil and to attract light. A very simple prayer, with positive intention, is sufficient.
- Using your finger or small rag, dab the olive oil at each entrance; across the top of the doorframe. Put the olive oil in a safe place to be used again when the need arises.
- Next, smudge the home thoroughly. I use white sage and sweet grass when I smudge. If you are unfamiliar with the smudging process, you may follow this link to my online class. While smudging, don’t forget to open windows and crack your doors to allow the negative energy to escape from your home. SMUDGING COURSE
- After these cleansing steps, you may dedicate the home to set it apart. Kneel in prayer with head bowed and arms folded, or stand tall with arms stretched out and palms up, face toward Heaven. Whichever pose feels best to you, go with it!
- Address God in the way that feels right to you and tell Him you’re setting the intention for your home to be a place where Love and Light can abound. Ask for His assistance in preparing your home to be a place where your family and all who enter will be safe, protected, inspired, and held in His light. Ask Him to cleanse and purify anything that is negative or dark within the home and to remove anything and anyone; including negative energy, dark spirits, thought forms, negative programming, effects of ritual, and fragments of energy that belong elsewhere; particularly anything that remains from previous owners or events of the past.
- Invite angels to stand guard around your property and welcome them to be fully active in protecting, guarding, teaching, and guiding your family at all times.
- Before ending your prayer, visualize God’s light reaching down from Heaven and entering the center of your home. Invite the beam of light to expand in every direction, gathering darkness and any lingering negative particles, and pushing them out of your home as the light grows and creates a huge bubble. This bubble becomes an impenetrable shield, protecting your home and family from every direction. (Get my free personal shielding meditation below!)
- Close your prayer by expressing love and gratitude, raising the energetic vibration even higher.
- Remember that you are the guardian. Welcome into it only those things that will strengthen your home and family.
Once we dedicate and bless our home, it's our responsibility to be mindful of what we invite into it. Distasteful movies, music, conversation, addictive substances etc can weaken our protective shield. Uplifting movies, music, conversation, and proper care for our mind and body etc will strengthen it. The bubble is impenetrable, but if we open the door for evil, it is allowed in.
At times you may find the energy in your home shifting in a negative direction and contention rising. Perhaps you watched a movie that invited evil in the back door. You might have had a party that ended up being a bit too wild or you may have friends or family visit that brought a whole slew of unclean spirits and negativity with them. Illness may have left you weak and spiritually at risk. These are good times to revisit these steps to cleanse your home and reset the energy.
We are blessed when we do all we can to create a safe haven for our families. These simple steps can make a world of difference. The shifts may be subtle or there may be a palpable change, but either way, it’s worth it.
I also invite you to join me on Facebook where I share regular posts, meditations, discounts on classes, and helpful links. CLICK HERE